Thursday, September 25, 2008

90210

When I was in 6th grade, my family hired a live-in nanny to help with me and my brothers. My mom was getting back to work so she needed someone to help out around the house. So we hired Simone. She was a red-headed German, probably in her late 20s, and she had an absolutely terrible, terrible lisp. She sounded like Tom from 'Tom and Jerry,' but if Tom had a German accent.



Anyways, Simone was obsessed with 90210. She had every episode on taped on VHS. Before Simone, I didn't know who Brian Austin Green was. But thanks to Simone, not only did I learn who Brian Austin Green was, but I wanted to be him. I'm not joking. I was fucking obsessed with Brian Austin Green. I thought he was the raddest, most badass dude on the show. Hell, I thought if he and Luke Perry got in a fight, that Green would kick his ass. Sounds ludicrous, right? I mean, Dylan was the biggest badass on the show, but here I am, thinking David Silver could beat the hell out of Dylan McKay.

So anyways, 90210 is back, and I'm watching. No surprise there. With the 'OC' off the air and 'The Hills' sucking dong, 90210 is my new guilty pleasure.

In the first 5 minutes of the season premiere, one of the dudes was getting down with some chick in front of school in the front seat of his car. So in the first five minutes, I knew it was going to be a helluva series.

So far, it's covered just about every plot twist imaginable - cheating couples, drug use, unknown children, the pressure to lose your virginity, overbearing mothers, baby daddy drama, rumors on the internet, adoption issues, and cheating on tests. I mean, it's all there.

And I am love. I have a new obsession. But this time, it's with a girl. Fitting, I know.



This is Silver. She is smoking hot. She's Brian Austin Green's step-sister on the show, so I guess that's fate or something.

But she is gorgeous. And on the show, she's a blogger. I'm a blogger too!

Need more fate? Listen to this -

Jessica Stroup (who plays Silver) looks just like Megan Fox.
Megan Fox is engaged to Brian Austin Green.

Fate is a funny thing....

2 comments:

imsohideous said...

Glad to see you back blogging... I miss the OC. That isn't a joke either, I loved that show for whatever reason.

Unknown said...

That's funny. Both your brothers don't remember watching the show.... you must have watched it with Simone before I got home from school.

Simone was a 21 year old german immigrant with a very bad lateral lisp. Sshee wasch a very niesch girl with good family values. We helped her out and she helped me for 3 short months. She ended up costing too much because she ate all of our food if you recall.
I didn't know she brought that show into my home... thanks for the history moosk. Hopefully she didn't corrupt you.